Aurora

The outpouring...

Monday, August 21, 2006

Best Friends... or not

I've been thinking (and yes it hurt!) about the "best friends" I've had in my life. There is one that has been there from day one and is still there, no matter how I mess up. There is another, who I couldn't get along with when we were younger, but became almost inseparable couple years ago. There is one that is completely, well, relatively new, one who many of us know, one of the persons helping to hold the scattered remains of my sanity in place. He is the only one here, at home, close to me at the moment. All the others decided to go to college abroad, away from me, like that was a smart thing to do.

Anyway, why blog about them? This really isn't about them. This is about the "long lost best friends". The ones from high school. Those friends that were always there and we were referred to as "bench and batty".Those friends that I ate lunch with everyday. Those friends that I told a lot, not all, my secrets. Those friends who see me at school and walk past without saying "HI!". The ones that are married/engaged and didn't/haven't told me. The ones who come back home, and you only realize they're here when someone asks, "You seen X since she been here??", to which I respond, "X is here??? Since when??"

Well, yes, I'm bitter!! I'm hurt. I know I probably don't play the most significant role in their lives, but gosh, is it that hard to keep in contact?? Unless they really don't want to.

Hopeless

2 Comments:

Blogger Bashmentbasses said...

Yeah... I sigh and wonder what did I miss when I thought all was well? ow come they out-grew me so easily and so quickly? Why me and not X from the group? But there are never any answers and life goes on. So I drink a beer/vodka drink for their loss and smile.

8:05 pm  
Blogger bassChocolate said...

Honey, that, is life! I've learned through many different experiences, over lots of years, that people, even the people you hold in highest regard, can screw you over in a heartbeat. My friends list is updated ever 3 months it seems, and the order of priority shifts dramatically. Every now and then I find someone who holds on to their spot for a long time, but eventually most of them falter anyway. All it really takes is for their priorities to change. I've been teaching myself to deal with it. I've practically resorted to not trusting anyone to stay the way they are for too long, so if something happens I'm prepared for it. People suck, but we can't live without them.

1:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home